St. Petersburg College Model Legislature
St. Petersburg College's simulation of the legislative process is a unique experience for students to interact on the issues facing our Federal, State and Local governments. St. Petersburg College is hosting the SPC Model Legislature exclusively for it's students.
Oct. 1st, 2014 Workshop at Gibbs Campus (classroom)
Oct. 2nd, 2014 Workshop at Downtown Campus
Oct. 3rd, 2014 Workshop at Clearwater Campus
(workshops are open to all SPC students)
Oct. 10-11, 2014 SPC Model Legislature Session
SPC Model Legislature 2014 Bill Tracker
1. Register - Registering for the St. Petersburg College Model Legislature Workshop and Conference is easy. Determine which workshop you'll be attending and click on the "Register Here" link to register. Complete the form and submit; you're done. You are required to attend a workshop and the full conference if you're participating for class credit/assignment.
2. Receive Assignments - House/Senate assignments will be given at the end of each Legislative Workshop. If you don't receive an assignment after your workshop, please contact us.
3. Preparation - The best way to make the most out of the program is to prepare. View the Agenda/Bill Topic list for bill ideas. Select a topic you like and research. The more you know, the more prepared you'll be. This preparation will assist you with debate, bill writing, and other aspects of the program.
4. Bill Writing - View the Bill Writing guide, if you need help writing a bill. Many bills will be provided; however, if there's a topic you want to specifically debate, you can write a bill.
Bill Writing Guide
5. Learn the Rules of Procedure - You're most effective when you know rules of procedure/operating guide for model legislature. Study the rules and ask questions.
Long Form Rules of Procedure
Short Form (motions)
(open to all SPC students)
Oct.- 1st, 2014
Building SA Room 332
Oct.- 2nd, 2014
8:00am-9:30am & 9:30am-11:00am
Oct. 3rd, 2014
Register Here! (required)
SPC Model Legislature
October 10-11, 2014
Time: 9am-5pm Fri. 930am-1pm Sat.
Location: Clearwater Campus (All Events in ES 104)
Model Legislature Agenda
Deadline for Bill submission is October 5th, 2014!
Submit Bills here!
Seat Assignments (House/Senate) will be confirmed at Oct. 1st, 2nd & 3rd Legislative Workshops (Workshop is required). For Dr. Preston students, attendance at a Workshop and both days of SPC Model Legislature are required for class credit. Students are expected to attend all sessions through the event.