Florida Model Legislature Governor
The Governor's Platform
The Governor’s office is looking forward to an effective and successful legislative session in October. The Governor’s cabinet and agencies are working hard around the clock to stay up to date of the job creation on Florida. The “Florida First for Jobs” tour was a tremendous success celebrating over 1.2 Million private sector jobs and an unemployment rate below the national average of 4.7% down .5% from August of 2015. Thanks to our focus on cutting taxes and making it easier for job creators to succeed, our businesses are creating jobs faster than we ever expected. With all of Florida’s success in job creation we now must make sure we have an educated workforce for our business’ to hire. We must make Florida first in Education. The Governor’s cabinet thanks all who serve and have served in the United States Military. After consideration of the needs of our state the following is the Governor’s Platform:
- Uphold the Constitution.
- Ensure students in Florida have affordable tuition and a degree that will lead to a job.
- Create an identical appropriation model for the Student Activity and Service fee in the University and College System.
- Reduce tensions between law enforcement's and the community.
- Protect our beaches.
- Invest in technology and manufacturing.
- Eliminate unnecessary taxes such as the manufacturing sales tax and sales tax on college textbooks.
- Ensure Veterans have the care they need.
- Improve Infrastructure.
- Tax Breaks for the middle class.
- Stand with Israel.
- Fund Enterprise Florida to be competitive in recruiting companies to create jobs.
- Boost civic engagement.
- Address Florida’s substance abusive problem and protect our children.
- Ban Traffic Camera Citations in Florida.